Live.Love.Laugh

Friday, October 1, 2010

GREEK 101

so I'm going to be taking Greek 101 now
I'm the only one on the staff that has elected to take the class for two reasons. one to actually learn Greek and two to meet people and hopefully that class isn’t filled with NUin students
Activities fair was this week and it was so cute because all the clubs in the school had table and there was about 12 tables total. Never the less i joined the pottery club, the tennis club and I'm hoping to get into the cooking club if possible.
On Wednesday after our very emotional day me, two other ISAs, Diana and Erin, and the SD (Leighanne) and the ASD (Renay) got together and went to a bar to destress and relax. It was a little dive bar and we were the only ones there, which was not surprising since we went around 9.  The rule was that we weren’t allowed to talk about work and it was nice. We all got to know each other a little more and laughed a lot. I just had to leave by 10:30 because I'm on duty for the week and had to be back to do rounds.
Its really nice to be in a culture were you can go out with your bosses like that, talk, have a drink and just chill. I had a vodka and pineapple drink, someone had red wine, there was a rum and coke and two beers.  And i got to say the Greeks make their alcohol very strong. My vodka and pineapple was 3/4 vodka and the rest pineapple. I knew that would be my only drink for the night because I'm a light weight and i didn’t want to be drunk in front of my co-workers. Also i didn’t want to do rounds drunk. That would have been really professional. lol
Upon getting back to the building and going right into my rounds,  there was an incident and i had to write a report. it wasn’t bad but it had to be done and i hate getting people in trouble but again it had to be done because the person had broken the rules. One of my biggest fears about this job was wondering if I'd be tough enough to write someone up and well…..guess i am.
As of today I’ve officially been to two classes of Greek 101 and since i missed the first two classes i feel so behind. I’m now trying to learn my Greek alphabet and Greek combination words so i can actually know what's going on in the class. The teacher has been lenient enough that she hasn’t called on me to read anything in class yet. But i think my grace period is over and next week I'm going to be in the spotlight. Wish me luck
I leave you with this…….my current personal hell

No comments:

Post a Comment